Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Review Twisted by Callie Hart


Sloane

How many times can a person fall down and still get back up? How many times can things go wrong before you just give up?

I’ve lost everything. My home, my job, my purpose in life—everything has been turned upside down. But while life hasn’t exactly turned out the way I would have liked it to, I wouldn’t change a thing. If things were different, I wouldn’t have Lacey. I wouldn’t have Michael.

But most importantly, I wouldn’t have him.

I’ve realized what I feel. He knew it before I did. Only one question remains:

Is he capable of feeling the same way?




Zeth

Secrets are a prison, and I have been behind bars for years. Sloane Romera has been turning keys in all of my locks, throwing light on corners of my mind that I thought would forever be shrouded in darkness. Or at least I had hoped would be.

I have done so many wrongs in this life, and yet this woman has forgiven me. She’s done something I never thought possible—she has learned to understand me, and she hasn’t run. She’s amazed me. She’s saved me. She’s fallen in love with me.

If it’s within my power, I’m about to do the same for her
 
 
Review
 
Oh Holy Sexy Conflicted Zeth
5 Sexy Swoon Worthy Stars!!!
 
Please make sure you have read the other books before reading this review as a few minor spoilers to those books may be discussed here.
Everyone knows I am head over heels for Zeth! I post about him on my blog, Facebook and twitter account all the time.
Twisted by Callie Hart is book 5 in the Blood & Roses series. I have read everyone one these books so far in the series and I have to tell you each on only gets better and better!!
Callie has a knack for adding so much action and suspense into a powerful novella. She takes you on a ride and you feel that you are right there in the middle of the actions. Twisted picks up right where Fallen left off, right after Sloane has been rescued from the hospital and Charlie.  In this book Callie finally gives a little insight into how Zeth’s mind works and some reasons as to why he is the way he is.
“Sloane. I’m thinking of her name over and over. The knowledge that she’s here, in the warehouse, one room over sleeping in my spare bed, is enough to temper the discomfort of the dream, if not eradicate it altogether.” “She is never going to be the first thing I think of when I open my eyes – my nightmares will take care if that – but she’s a close fucking second. And…and I like it. I fucking like it a lot.”
“A part of me wants to run like the fuck away from the primal urge I’m experiencing to keep this woman… but then again, another very large part of me wants to say fuck it”
Callie finally begins to let us see the struggle within Zeth. We see him go back and forth on what he wants verse what he thinks he should have. We also see a fun side of Zeth.
 

Questions from other books get answered but Callie has a unique way of unraveling truths while creating new and more edgy twists and turns! While you think things are being uncovered and truths are being discovered, you find that you are actually digging deeper into more layers of unknowns. Over and over again from multiple characters we hear them say “Blood is thicker than water.” But what does it all mean? Callie has truly outdone herself on this book.
 
All the players form all the other books make their way back into story line. Lacey, Julio and Andreas cannot seem to stay away, and of course Michael, Zeth’s right hand man is right in the thick of everything, even Rebel and Pippa make and appearance. Friendships are reinforced and old ones are put to the test in this book.
 Don't fret as usual Callie had written some saucy sex scenes. She has not let us down on those either.


 
Sloan finally owns up to her feelings and forces them on to Zeth. She forces him to face what she is offering him. Can Zeth do it?
“What are you afraid of, Zeth?” she whispers.
“Why am I scaring you so badly right now? It’s not like I am expecting you to say it back.”
“I’m not scared of you, Sloane.”
“Yes you are,” she says. “Of course you are. You’re terrified.”
Oh and the ending is wonderful! It will leave you wanting so much more and hoping for that HEA we all want so badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment