Monday, September 15, 2014

Review - What If by Rebecca Donovan

Synopsis
What if you had a second chance to meet someone for the first time?

Cal Logan is shocked to see Nicole Bentley sitting across from him at a coffee shop thousands of miles from their hometown. After all, no one has seen or heard from her since they graduated over a year ago.

Except this girl isn't Nicole.

She looks exactly like Cal's shy childhood crush, but her name is Nyelle Preston and she has no idea who he is. This girl is impulsive and daring, her passion for life infectious. The complete opposite of Nicole. Cal finds himself utterly fascinated-and falling hard. But Nyelle is also extremely secretive. And the closer he comes to finding out what she's hiding, the less he wants to know.

When the secrets from the past and present collide, one thing becomes clear: Nothing is what it seems.
 

Review

5 Heart Breaking What if I Mess Up This Emotional Book Review Stars

This book is one emotional pack event after another. This book follows the lives of 4 kids who all grew up together.  Each chapter jumps from the past to the present and shows how each of the four friend view the same event differently. This story is follows Cal, Nyelle, Rae, Nicole, and Richelle.  We are shown how these people have grown up on the same street, have cared for each other, and how the day to day events have brought them to where they are now.

Cal and Rae are best friends as well as Nicole and Richelle. Together the four of them make a remarkable group. We get to see through out the book how their friendships bond and break up from the 4th grade to their senior year of high school.

Rebecca has mastered the art of making the reader feel all the emotions that the characters are going through.







 So what if you had an opportunity to relive any particular moment in your life would you? Would you have wanted a different outcome? Would it have made your life any better?

There is one event in this story that effect each character so differently and so deeply that it forever changes who these friends are.

And who is this mysterious girl, Nyelle, and why does she remind them of their long lost friend?
What missing link can she provide to their pasts.



This is a beautifully written story of love, loss, coming of age, and learning to love again.



 
 
 
 
 
 
 


About this author
Optimism seeps from every pore of my body. I truly believe that what's supposed to happen... will! In that regard, I don't know how to give up; it's not part of my biological make up.

I'm a passionate (and some would say, overly enthusiastic) person. I learn by doing (and have been burned more times that I'd like to admit), but I will always throw my entire self into whatever I do - fail or succeed.

I think this is evident when I write, leaving nothing behind and spilling it all out on the pages. I give it all to my readers - love it or hate it.

The path I'm on is very often my own, veering off the beaten path at the sight of something more interesting or captivating, getting caught in the vines and thorns in order to experience the beauty and intrigue others often pass by. And I always meet the most interesting people along the way...

No comments:

Post a Comment